We can do auto detailing/paint correction/ceramic coating with Ceramic Pro on site or at your location. Our preference is our location in Harker Heights due to lighting in our workspace, which has over 300,000 lumens of LED lights, allowing us to see any imperfections in the paint and work more quickly. Our entry has approximately 82 inches of clearance, allowing for most non-lifted trucks and SUVs. Additionally, we have an 18,000 BTU mini-split HVAC system and dehumidifier. Ceramic Pro products are not supposed to be stored or applied above 86 degrees, which can be difficult for Central Texas. We have, on occasion, traveled to Austin/Dallas/Killeen/Copperas Cove, but usually we like to work in our shop in Harker Heights.
Ceramic coatings need to cure for approximately 24 hours before getting wet from the rain. We offer garage storage at our Harker Heights location during that time. You shouldn’t wash your vehicle for approximately two weeks after. The first 24 hours, however, are crucial. We cannot ceramic coat any vehicle mobile if you cannot guarantee the vehicle will not get wet for 24 hours. In many cases we can conduct auto detailing mobile, but the coating could be a problem.
If you want us to come to your location in Killeen, Austin, etc, please specify if you have water/electrical on site, and whether or not the location has a garage, carport, or neither. For the reasons above, this is crucial.
Please specify make, model, year, color, and whether or not car has had bodywork/painting done outside of the factory when booking. We CAN NOT coat a vehicle with paint that has not been fully cured (your body shop will have to specify to you which method they used to cure the paint and how long before it can be coated.
AUTO DETAILING, CONDUCT PAINT CORRECTION, AND INSTALLING CERAMIC COATING IN HARKER HEIGHTS/KILLEEN AREAS
We will complete a vehicle inspection form and information sheet/waiver (this may be completed or amended) after the vehicle wash if the vehicle is too dirty to see all of the paint. The inspection form is designed to show you what we see from a detailer’s perspective on what parts of the paint need to be corrected either with a simple polish, or in greater detail to correct paint with more aggressive compounds. Our goal is always to use the “least intrusive” (or least aggressive) method to correct your paint before ceramic coating. This sheet also ensures that you know what imperfections were present prior to the work beginning. Think of it as an inspection form that you do prior to renting a vehicle.
The information sheet/waiver is an explanation of any risks that we see with working on your car. It is designed to inform, rather than dissuade, the client. An example of something we might write on this form would be that the paint is older and the clearcoat is fading. Or that the paint thickness over the years of the vehicle has diminished and “chasing” scratches may not be advisable. These are not usually problems on newer vehicles. However, we pride ourselves not just in our auto detailing and ceramic coating work, but in our ability to inform/educate our clients and be completely transparent while providing five star service.
– After we finish washing we will decontaminate with Iron X. Iron X will allow us to remove any iron from the paint before we polish. Iron is often embedded in the paint during rail transport of the vehicle or road transport. Even new cars require a clay bar and decontamination! If you have a lighter colored vehicle, you might be able to see these iron spots in the paint. They will appear as small little rust spots about the size of a tip of a pencil or smaller. The vehicle itself is not rusting, in this case, but the iron is embedded in the paint and is rusting.
– After Iron X, we will clay bar the vehicle by hand. The purpose of clay barring is laid out more in detail here: https://www.autogeek.net/detailing-clay-bar.html
– The next time-consuming process is taping off the vehicle. We ensure all surfaces that cannot be touched are protected by tape.
– The next step is the compound or polish, depending upon the condition of the vehicle. Usually we default to the least aggressive polish with the most mild polishing pad. As we come across imperfections that cannot be removed with polish, we mark the spot with easily-removable painter’s tape to come back later with a more aggressive combination. Usually we have identified these spots during the inspection, but if not, we will alert the client either in person or by phone, or by taking pictures.
– IMPORTANT: SOME THINGS WE CAN REMOVE, AND SOME THINGS WE CANNOT. GENERALLY SPEAKING, IF THE IMPERFECTION IS SOMETHING YOU CAN FEEL WITH YOUR FINGERNAIL, SUCH AS A ROCK CHIP OR DEEPER SCRATCH, WE MAY BE ABLE TO LESSEN THE APPEARANCE, BUT WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO FIX THOSE (*** WE ARE NOT A BODY SHOP – SO WE DON’T DO PAINTING, DENT REMOVAL, OR BODY WORK LIKE A BODY SHOP WOULD, BUT WE CAN RECOMMEND SOME SHOPS THAT CAN, AND THEN YOU CAN BRING IT TO US AFTERWARDS). SMALL AMOUNTS OF PAINT TRANSFER OR LESS DEEP SCRATCHES ARE MUCH MORE LIKELY TO BE ABLE TO BE REMOVED. REPAINTED OR FADED BODY PANELS OR DEEPER SCRATCHES MAY EITHER BE TOO RISKY TO ATTEMPT TO REMOVE OR SIMPLY IMPOSSIBLE. YOUR DETAILER WILL OUTLINE ALL OF THESE RISKS AND EXPLAIN WHAT IS FEASIBLE TO REMOVE. IT IS IMPORTANT TO REMEMBER THAT POLISHING YOUR VEHICLE OR COMPOUNDING YOUR VEHICLE OVER AND OVER WILL DIMINISH THE OVERALL THICKNESS OF THE CLEARCOAT OVER A PERIOD OF YEARS. EVEN WASHING THE VEHICLE AND EXPOSING IT TO ELEMENTS OVER THE YEARS WILL DIMINISH THE THICKNESS OF THE PAINT. FOR THESE REASONS, WE ERR ON THE SIDE OF CAUTION WHEN CORRECTING YOUR PAINT, USING A PAINT THICKNESS GAUGE AS A GUIDE. THIS IS AGAIN, NOT TO SCARE OR DISSUADE, BUT TO INFORM AS TO WHAT EACH STEP DOES.
– After we finish polishing the vehicle, we apply Ceramic Pro ceramic coating (or wax/polymer sealant if you desire, for a lesser charge) by hand (with a machine if wax/polymer), and then buff out the remaining material.
– The overall process can take upwards of 10-12 hours depending upon color and paint condition, which is one reason that we prefer to have your vehicle on our site in Harker Heights, as opposed to traveling to the Killeen/Copperas Cove and surrounding areas..
– We then register your vehicles VIN with Ceramic Pro and CarFax so that your new ceramic coating is tied to your vehicle’s report