You’re considering ceramic coating in the Harker Heights/Killeen/Copperas Cove (or maybe, Austin/Dallas). That was the first correct move! Now you’re here, either because you asked a question and we directed you to this article, or because you found us on Google/Facebook. A perfect second step either way! Maybe you’ve already researched the benefits of Ceramic Coatings and researched businesses in the Harker Heights/Killeen area or not, but either way, we have you covered in this in-depth article.
What is ceramic coating?
“By definition, a ceramic coating is an auto detailing product used to protect interior and exterior surfaces from common blemish causing materials. Primarily composed of silica and titanium dioxide, these two substances together form a covalent bond that is hydrophobic in nature and forms a nano-ceramic shield above the vehicle’s clear coat.”
While Ceramic Pro does state that comparing ceramic coatings to wax or sealant is not even remotely the same, the one way to describe it is that ceramic coatings are like a wax on steroids – meaning, you notice a lot of similar benefits – hydrophobic properties (water beads/falls off), “wet” feeling, etc. Instead of just being applied on the surface, the ceramic coating forms a chemical bond with the clear coat or paint of a vehicle, lasting much longer than a traditional wax with even more benefits. Calling ceramic coating wax on steroids is perhaps an over-simplification but the quickest and simplest way to convey in a short time what it is.
the many benefits of having your vehicle ceramic coated
What ISN’T a ceramic coating?
While a professionally-applied ceramic coating here at Harker Heights Ceramic Coating is a great product that will protect against SOME minor wash swirl marks and such, it is NOT a complete paint protectant. It is still vulnerable to many of the things that your paint is already susceptible to. If you rub a little too hard while drying or washing, it may prevent those scratches, but if your Jeep is coated and you hit a branch while off roading, it’s not going to stop those scratches. It’s not going to prevent dings, or rock chips, or deep scratches. It’s important to understand that you still must wash a vehicle, you must still protect it and take care of it.
Why should you choose a professional coating vs. a consumer (“do it yourself ceramic coatings” or “DIY ceramic coating”) coating?
Consumer-available coatings are still preferred alternatives to waxes and sealants. However, they are designed to be easily applied by everyone with little-to-no auto detailing, paint correction, or ceramic coating training. According to Ceramic Pro, “A nano-ceramic coating is a highly complex formulation, that has specific tolerances for prep work, adhesion, application, and removal. With a DIY coating, there is no control over these conditions – as such, results always vary. They both serve as a protective layer for the car’s paint, but are much different with regards to strength, durability and overall quality.”
In simple terms, professional grade ceramic coatings are simply better products, but with that added benefit comes a greater difficulty in applying under more specific conditions. As such, products like Ceramic Pro are not available to the public due, in part, to the more difficult application process that requires training and certification. Here at Harker Heights Ceramic Coatings we are, of course, trained and certified in applying Ceramic Pro ceramic coatings, paint correction, and auto detailing. We have been doing variations of car detailing and paint correction, to include ceramic coatings, since 2007.
Also, ceramic coating does NOT hide paint imperfections. If anything, it amplifies imperfections. This is why having a paint correction (polish/compound) and good detailing prior to application of a ceramic coating is even more important. We ensure the paint looks pristine as possible before we apply ceramic coating so when we coat it, we are sealing in the best possible look we can. We do offer one package where we are willing to only do a one-step polish (Ceramic Pro Sport, reduced cost option), but on the Ceramic Pro Bronze/Silver/Gold (and most of our Ceramic Pro Sport packages as well) we only offer two-step compound (as needed) and polish. And three-step (additional polishing step) as needed.
Ok, get to the point! What are the benefits of a good Ceramic Pro ceramic coating from Harker Heights Ceramic Coatings?
Ok, here’s just SOME of the things we like about having a Ceramic Pro ceramic coating.
1. Hydrophobic properties – easily repels water, making it easier to dry and clean.
2. Easier wheel cleaning!
3. Bird droppings come of easier…
4. Bug guts also come off easy!
5. Fingerprints are more difficult to get on the paint..
6. Look how easily road grime wipes off!
We would love to have you come to our shop in Harker Heights or one of the local car scene meets in Killeen or Copperas Cove (or Austin) that we attend and feel the paint to feel how smooth/”wet” it feels. How many people ask you to FEEL their paint at a car show?! Is that not almost unheard of?! That’s how confident we are in how much you will like the look and feel of our Ceramic Pro ceramic coating!!!
Some things that we don’t have on video but are still great benefits:
Directly from Ceramic Pro (https://ceramicpro.com/5-reasons-you-need-ceramic-pro-for-your-car/):
– Water damage: While it’s a life giver – it’s also a shine killer. When your paint, plastic trim pieces, chrome, and other materials on your ride is exposed to water, traditional waxes or other less-durable products will slowly derogate to the point they start to dull the finish. Ceramic Pro 9H offers up to a lifetime of protection, blocking water from penetrating to the bare surface area – keeping the shine enhanced forever.
– Marring resistance: Marring or light scratching is common on unprotected vehicle surfaces. By having a professional auto salon apply Ceramic Pro 9H, the factory finish will stay as fresh and protected as the day it rolled off the showroom floor.
– No Corrosion or Oxidation: Rust is created through a process called corrosion. It starts when water, salt, or even oxygen is introduced to raw iron. When your car is scratched, or the clear coat begins to fade, it’s more likely that the base surface will begin to rust. A Ceramic Pro 9H coating holds up against exposure to these items, protecting the base materials on your car from developing rust.
– UV Protection: Another leading cause of paint damage – specially of the clear coat, is constant bombardment of UV radiation produced by the sun. A 9H coating blocks these harmful UV rays from penetrating any items protected. Therefore, it’s important to apply Ceramic Pro 9H on your plastics, chrome, or other plated materials, along with your headlights, brake light covers, and other materials.