Clear bra/PPF and ceramic coating is a truly winning combo in the Killeen, TX area!
Clear bra, otherwise known as paint protection film, or PPF, is an 8 mil (approximately three times as thick as vinyl wrap) thick layer of protective film that we install on your vehicle to protect against rock chips, scratches, and other environmental damage. Clear bra/PPF can be combined with ceramic coating (ceramic coating goes on top of the paint protection film). We can use pattern installations via our Graphtec plotter or custom/bulk installations (for some clear bra applications). Most clear bra is “self-healing” – meaning, many scratches and other minor damage will go away from heat (hot water or the Texas heat). Unlike ceramic coating, which is primarily designed for ease of cleanup, clear bra/paint protection film will actually provide protection (ceramic coating does not).
PPF and ceramic coating together are a great choice! Ceramic coating is a nano-technology made with silicon dioxide (SiO2), designed to provide UV protection to your paint, bring out the gloss or color in your paint, and make cleanup of your vehicle a breeze! It will provide a degree of protection against bird droppings, sap, and dirt. That said, ceramic coating by itself does not protect against rock chips or scratches. – For that, combined with easy vehicle cleanup, you want PPF and ceramic coating.
Harker Heights Ceramic Coatings offers many options from one to ten years in length. All ceramic coating packages include all exterior painted surfaces, wheel faces, glass, and plastic trim/headlights. Additionally, we have specific ceramic coatings for all of these surfaces, and we can even ceramic coat interiors and other items!
So, why do both PPF and ceramic coating?
There are several primary reasons we like both PPF and ceramic coating, together (and we have both on our car).
1. We still believe actual ceramic coating superior to just having the film for bug removal and dirt removal, even with an “infused” clear bra.
2. Most clear bra/paint protection film installations have some exposed edges/seams. This is because most installations are patterned installations, which is the industry standard for clear bra PPF. These edges and the very, very thin layer of paint exposed will eventually collect dirt. Even if the clear bra is the best at repelling dirt, edges and exposed paint are not benefiting from that. Having a ceramic coating over the top of the clear bra makes that cleanup on the edges easier, as well as the overall cleanup easier.
3. The ceramic coating provides additional UV protection to the film and vehicle.
Is your paint swriled?
How do you currently feel about the way your vehicle’s paint looks? Is it swirled from car washing and/or does it look bad in the sun? Did the car dealership wash the car improperly before you even took delivery? If so, we have a solution for you, and it’s paint correction (before PPF and ceramic coating)! At HHCC, we regularly polish vehicles back to their original (or better) shine! When your paint gets swirled enough, it will even appear to be a different color (especially if it’s dark in color)!
This is why many people choose to have us conduct a paint correction before PPF and ceramic coating in conjunction with one another!
We have several options for polishing, ranging from $500 to $1000, depending upon the complexity of the work, and desired level of perfection you want to achieve!
Note: Paint correction is not required for surfaces covered by PPF!
These are our most popular ceramic coating packages:
These are our most popular clear bra packages:
- Full hood
- Front bumper
- Full fenders
- Everything from the full front package
- Leading edge of roof
- Leading edge of A-pillars
- Rocker panels (below doors)
- Almost all painted surfaces covered by clear bra/paint protection film/PPF
- Includes FREE five-year ceramic coating!
What are the benefits of PPF and ceramic coating?
- Self-healing (minor scratches heal themselves)
- Protection against MOST rock chips
- Scuffing and scratching protection
- Warranty for 10+ years against yellowing, fading, cracking
What are the benefits of ceramic coating?
- Hydrophobic (repels water)
- UV protection (protect your paint)
- Makes vehicle clean-up much easier
- Easy bug gut and bird poop removal
- High temperature rating (on most coatings)
Why choose HHCC?
- Over 100 five-star reviews
- Small business