2014 Cadillac ELR - Paint Correction & Ceramic Coating | Copperas Cove/Killeen/Harker Heights
2014 Cadillac ELR - Paint Correction & Ceramic Coating
Typically when we receive a black vehicle, nearly 10 years old (like this 2014 Cadillac ELR), we expect it to be full of car wash swirls, oxidation, you name it – no disappointment here! These are the best jobs, because they show the most difference! If you have a car that you are almost SURE needs a new paint job – so long as the paint isn’t actually peeling – don’t count your car out! If you’re in the Copperas Cove/Killeen/Harker Heights area, don’t hesitate to book at an appointment for a demonstration! See if we can turn your paint around into something you can love again!
We began this job in Georgetown, for a repeat client, and realized quite quickly that we would finish it up at our shop in Harker Heights. No sweat, as we are fully insured to drive this 2014 Cadillac ELR (or any vehicle) when needed (although we try not to, of course)! We used our Flex rotary polishers and Sonax’s newest cutting compound, Ultimate Cut. Ultimate Cut, combined with our SB3 Coatings Black Widow hybrid wool pad provides the strongest cut for these types of job. We then follow it up with Sonax Cut and Finish, followed up by Sonax Perfect Finish. General Motors (GM) Black Paint is some of the softest paint out there, and sometimes requires three steps to get the best result possible. After we finished the polishing, we installed SB3 Coatings Omega two year ceramic coating on the painted surfaces. Next, we installed SB3 Coatings Vortex on the wheels, lasting two years. Finally, we installed SB3 Coatings Optic on the windshield, which lasts one year. The Cadillac ELR was only made in model years 2014 and 2016, with less than 3000 total combined sales. The Cadillac ELR shared a powertrain with the Chevy Volt, but was far pricier. Even back in 2014, this EV was priced at $75,000.
Book your ceramic coating/clear bra with us in Copperas Cove/Killeen/Harker Heights!
Apart from this, you can continue to read more about our ceramic coating and clear bra, and paint correction options below. Unlike many shops, we will ensure our Copperas Cove/Killeen/Harker Heights area clients do not exceed their budget or desired longevity. As you can see in our Google reviews, we always have our clients’ best interests in mind! Both ceramic coating and clear bra are great options to protect your vehicle from road grime, and debris.
PAINT PROTECTION FILM/PPF/CLEAR BRA OPTIONS:
Typically, we would use STEK clear bra, Llumar, or Legend PPF gloss or matte paint protection film. Next, This clear bra article covers the major differences between clear bra/paint protection film/PPF companies, if any. Moreover, there are minimal differences between major film manufacturers like Xpel, SunTek, Eastman, Llumar, 3M, STEK clear bra, Flexishield, Global, Legend, and more. Importantly, the key takeaway is that the primary differences are in the properties of the adhesive, which installers have to deal with, but generally don’t affect anything the client sees.
is clear bra/paint protection film/PPF the same as xpel film?
Of course, our clients at HHCC frequently ask about Xpel clear bra/paint protection film. Naturally, our clients want to know if Legend PPF, STEK, Llumar, Kavaca, and other brands compares to Xpel at all. Did you know, a lot of people use Xpel to mean clear bra, because Xpel is one of the most popular brands? Besides the information above about clear bra/PPF, we also discuss Xpel and if it’s the same as PPF/clear bra in this article.
Lastly, you can read more about clear bra/paint protection film by clicking the button above.
CERAMIC COATING, CLEAR BRA, AND PAINT CORRECTION OFFERINGS IN THE COPPERAS COVE/KILLEEN/HARKER HEIGHTS AREA:
– Solo is a one-year ceramic coating from SB3 Coatings. Undoubtedly, this is probably our most popular option, after SB3 Alpha five-year ceramic coating.
– Omega is a two-year ceramic coating. Interestingly, SB3 Omega, like many other coatings, enhances the gloss of the vehicle.
– Thirty3 is a three-year ceramic coating from SB3 Coatings. Of note, Thirty3 has a three hour cure period before getting wet, which is our fastest-drying coating.
– Alpha is a five-year coating, similar to other major brands’ five-year package and 9H. Of course, SB3 Alpha is also from SB3 Coatings.
– Trinity is a seven-year offering from SB3 Coatings. It should be noted that Trinity is a multi-layer ceramic coating.
– Vortex is a two-year coating for wheels and calipers from SB3 Coatings. Unlike many other coatings, Vortex is a high-temp coating.
– Optic is a one-year ceramic coating similar to glass on the market and is used on your windshield/glass surfaces from SB3 Coatings. Unlike Rain-X or similar products, SB3 Optic will last for a whole year. Another key point is the incredible hydrophobic properties that SB3 Optic has over Rain-X.
TEN-YEAR CERAMIC COATING:
– System X Max is a ten-year ceramic coating, and the longest-lasting ceramic coating we offer. Clearly, we have many options that will fit anyone’s budget or desired longevity in the Copperas Cove/Killeen/Harker Heights area.
Undoubtedly, ceramic coatings will last as long as we care for them. Of course, you can more about ceramic coating by clicking the button above.
About the 2021 Hyundai Kona - Ceramic Coating - Copperas Cove/Killeen/Harker Heights
The 2021 Hyundai Kona is a compact crossover SUV produced by the South Korean automaker Hyundai. It is known for its distinctive and bold exterior design, spacious interior, and advanced technology features. The Kona is offered with two engine options: a 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine that produces 147 horsepower, and a turbocharged 1.6-liter four-cylinder engine that produces 175 horsepower. Both engines come standard with a six-speed manual transmission, with an optional automatic transmission available. The Kona is front-wheel drive, but all-wheel drive is also available on select trims.
The 2021 Kona features a spacious and well-appointed interior, with standard features such as a touchscreen infotainment system, a rearview camera, and a six-speaker audio system. Higher trims offer additional features such as a larger touchscreen, a premium sound system, and heated front seats.
The 2021 Kona is also equipped with advanced safety features, including automatic emergency braking, lane departure warning, and blind-spot monitoring. It has a comfortable and engaging driving experience, with a smooth and responsive ride and handling.
The 2021 Hyundai Kona is a compact crossover SUV that offers a bold and stylish design, a spacious and well-appointed interior, and advanced technology features. It is a popular choice for those looking for a small SUV with a good mix of utility and style.
AFTERCARE INSTRUCTIONS AND PRODUCTS FOR CERAMIC COATING AND CLEAR BRA
Car care products we love:
1. Drying towel(s): Autofiber Dreadnought 20”x30” x1: https://amzn.to/3Cd5Y9w
2. Smaller drying towel (can also be used on glass) x2 (one for paint, one for wheels): Autofiber Dreadnought Jr. 16”x16” – https://amzn.to/3iazPbX
3. Wash mitt: Autofiber Zero Cuff Wash Mitt x2 (one in black for wheels, one other color for paint): https://amzn.to/3WYu3Jw
4. Auto detailing towels, general purpose (wiping off bird poop, quick wipe up, interior, etc): Autofiber Elite detailing towel: https://amzn.to/3IeLiSo
5. Wheel drying/detailing microfiber towels, black: Autofiber Zero Edge: https://amzn.to/3Z0GJBe
6. Quick detailer/glass cleaner/waterless wash/rinseless wash concentrate: American Detailer Garage Wipeout (can be diluted and lasts a very long time): https://amzn.to/3WZkwlp
7. Spray bottles for ADG Wipeout and other products: https://amzn.to/3Q3kxT5
8. Buckets with grit guards x2 (one for wheels, one for paint): https://amzn.to/3jxjnmq
9. Pre-treatment and wheel cleaner, American Detailer Garage F-Bomb diluted 10:1 (can be used 20:1 for interior): https://amzn.to/3G1NV7w
10. The best wheel cleaning tool we have ever used, the Autofiber Barrel blade (reaches the barrel, between the brake caliper, and narrow spokes): https://amzn.to/3Z0wnkK
11. Foam cannon wash tools for auto detailing, the MTM Hydro PF22.2 has a wide base to prevent tipping: https://amzn.to/3WE591K
12. American Detailer Garage Fuzion foaming hybrid wash (for use in foam cannon, use 2+ ounces per fill): https://amzn.to/3Z3MApg
13. Microfiber detergent to extend the life of your Autofiber microfiber and other towels: https://amzn.to/3jBxp6B
14. Optional but useful for trucks and SUVs: Autofiber Mitt on a Stick Pro. https://www.autofiber.com/products/mitt-on-a-stick-pro-adjustable-wash-tool-with-360-locking-head-long-pole-35-to-83?variant=40748237816001
16. Our favorite pressure washer we have used is the Grandfalls from Giraffe Tools. https://amzn.to/3WE3gCq
Last updated on January 1st, 2023. First, all clear bra an ceramic coating (and paint correction) content is copyright of Harker Heights Ceramic Coatings, LLC (HHCC). Of course, unless specifically cited otherwise. It should be noted, HHCC does not authorize the reproduction of any content on hhceramiccoatings.com. Obviously, specifically within the Lampasas/Copperas Cove/Killeen/Fort (Ft.) Hood/Harker Heights/Nolanville/Belton/Temple/Salado areas. Lastly, selective reproduction may be authorized for other geographical areas (outside of the traditional HHCC service area) only with the express written consent of HHCC.