#ceramiccoating #paintprotectionfilm #clearbra
If you find our BMW X5M Clear Bra-Paint Enhancement & Ceramic Coating interesting, please subscribe to our YouTube channel, where we have aftercare videos, how-to videos, product reviews, and other install videos similar to this! Subscribe to our YouTube channel!
BMW X5M Clear Bra-Paint Enhancement & Ceramic Coating
As BMW fans ourselves, we love this BMW X5M Competition in metallic black. This vehicle looks nearly mint as if it came off the showroom floor!
The owner previously had a partial front clear bra/PPF/paint protection film package on the vehicle when it was purchased, which means only the front 1/3rd of the hood/fenders were previously covered by clear bra. He wanted more coverage, so we removed the hood and fender coverage and replaced it with full coverage. In addition, we placed clear bra/PPF/paint protection film on the leading edges of the A Pillar, B/C/D pillars, and leading roof edge. Lastly, we replaced the clear bra that was on the mirrors to give it more coverage and better cut lines.
After the day of changing up the clear bra/paint protection film installation, we then conducted a paint enhancement, which removed almost any remaining light scratches, and installed SB3 Coatings Alpha and Omega ceramic coating combo, which gives the paint a deep, “Jolly Rancher” effect (deeper colors).
These SUVs, including the X3M, the X6M, and all of the lineup from BMW are all incredibly fast SUVs that really give sports cars a run for their money! The Competition variants are all slightly faster than the M-only variant. We almost purchased an X3M Competition but ended up with our BMW i8 instead (we were lured in by the sports car even though they’re not even remotely in the same class).
Either way, we were happy to clear bra and ceramic coat this awesome SUV for this Austin-area client.
For this vehicle, we used Legend Paint Protection Films (https://legendppf.com/). We talked a lot in a FAQ article about what the major differences are between clear bra/paint protection film/PPF companies, if any, between major film manufacturers like Xpel, SunTek, Eastman, Llumar, 3M, Ceramic Pro – Kavaca, STEK, Flexishield, Global, Legend and more (https://hhceramiccoatings.com/what-is-the-difference-between-major-clear-bra-brands-faq/). The key takeaway is that the primary differences are in the properties of the adhesive, which is something installers have to deal with, but generally, don’t have an effect on anything the client sees.
People frequently ask about Xpel clear bra/paint protection film, and if Legend PPF compares to Xpel at all. A lot of people use Xpel to mean clear bra, because Xpel is one of the most popular brands. We also discuss Xpel and if it’s the same as clear bra, here: https://hhceramiccoatings.com/is-xpel-the-same-as-clear-bra-faq/
Read more about clear bra/paint protection film: https://hhceramiccoatings.com/clear-bra/
Read more about ceramic coating: https://hhceramiccoatings.com/ceramic-coating/
Think we did a good job with this BMW X5M Clear Bra-Paint Enhancement & Ceramic Coating? Call/text us at 254.550.4142 or click on the contact page to schedule a ceramic coating, auto detailing, paint enhancement/paint correction, or clear bra/paint protection film appointment with us in the Copperas Cove/Killeen/Fort Hood/Harker Heights areas! In Additional, feel free to follow us on Instagram/TikTok/Facebook @hhceramiccoatings. Note that our media is typically provided by @iffla_media (Instagram).
About our ceramic coating offerings:
SB3 Coatings (sb3coating.com) are great coatings. They are similar to other offerings we have had in the past. You may be more familiar with other brands’ offerings. Here is a quick reference to help you understand our transition.
– The SB3 Coatings Solo is similar to Ceramic Pro Sport. (although SB3 Solo has a one-year warranty whereas Ceramic Pro Sport has a six-month warranty)
– SB3 Coatings Omega is similar to Ceramic Pro Bronze (Ceramic Pro Top Coat) two year coating
– The SB3 Coatings Thirty3 is a three-year ceramic coating. Which is a warranty period we have not had in the past.
– SB3 Coatings Alpha is a five-year coating, similar to the Ceramic Pro Silver (five-year) package, which uses Ceramic Pro 9H (one layer) and Ceramic Pro Top Coat (one layer). SB3 Coatings Alpha utilizes a single coating system which helps us get your vehicle back to you faster without sacrificing quality.
– The SB3 Coatings Trinity is a seven-year coating, which we did not offer previously with Ceramic Pro.
– SB3 Coatings Vortex is a two-year ceramic coating similar to Ceramic Pro Wheel & Caliper or Ceramic Pro 9H (when used on wheels).
– The SB3 Coatings Optic is a one-year ceramic coating similar to Ceramic Pro Glass. It is used on your windshield/glass surfaces.
Additionally, we have access to many brands of ceramic coatings. We always choose what is best for the client in their particular situation.