2020 Tesla Model Y - Ceramic Coating on Vinyl Wrap | Serving Copperas Cove/Killeen/Harker Heights
2020 Tesla Model Y - Ceramic Coating on Vinyl Wrap
Our Killeen-area client brought us their prism-colored vinyl wrapped 2020 Tesla Model Y to have ceramic coating installed, to make it easier to clean up. Ceramic coating will deepen the color of a vehicle, just like it did to this 2020 Tesla Model Y. Importantly, for this Tesla Model Y vinyl wrap, it will significantly increase the wrap’s life. Here in Copperas Cove/Killeen/Harker Heights, Tesla vinyl wraps last less time than they might in other parts of the country. The excessive sun can wear out the wrap and damage it, shortening its lifespan. A great vinyl wrap might still only last a few years here. However, ceramic coating and other protective coatings have UV protection in the formula. Since the UV rays are what damages the Tesla vinyl wraps, it’s helpful to get a ceramic or protective coating installed immediately.
Because of the short lifespan of Tesla vinyl wraps, we don’t install vinyl wrap here at Harker Heights Ceramic Coatings. We prefer color paint protection film/PPF/clear bra over vinyl wrap. However, we ceramic coat many vehicles that have been vinyl wrapped for this exact reason. If you are interested in changing the color of your Tesla or another vehicle with vinyl wrap, and you plan to keep it for a long time, consider fashion film PPF/paint protection film/clear bra. PPF warranties are typically 8 to 12 years against yellowing, cracking, or fading.
Book your 2020 Tesla Model Y ceramic coating service with us in Copperas Cove/Killeen/Harker Heights!
Did you know, you can call OR text us at 254.550.4142 or visit our contact us page!
Apart from this, you can continue to read more about our ceramic coating and clear bra, and paint correction options below. Unlike many shops, we will ensure our Copperas Cove/Killeen/Harker Heights area clients do not exceed their budget or desired longevity. As you can see in our Google reviews, we always have our clients’ best interests in mind! Both ceramic coating and clear bra are great options to protect your vehicle from road grime, and debris.
PAINT PROTECTION FILM/PPF/CLEAR BRA OPTIONS:
Typically, we would use STEK clear bra, Llumar, or Legend PPF gloss or matte paint protection film. Next, This clear bra article covers the major differences between clear bra/paint protection film/PPF companies, if any. Moreover, there are minimal differences between major film manufacturers like Xpel, SunTek, Eastman, Llumar, 3M, STEK clear bra, Flexishield, Global, Legend, and more. Importantly, the key takeaway is that the primary differences are in the properties of the adhesive, which installers have to deal with, but generally don’t affect anything the client sees.
is clear bra/paint protection film/PPF the same as xpel film?
Of course, our clients at HHCC frequently ask about Xpel clear bra/paint protection film. Naturally, our clients want to know if Legend PPF, STEK, Llumar, Kavaca, and other brands compares to Xpel at all. Did you know, a lot of people use Xpel to mean clear bra, because Xpel is one of the most popular brands? Besides the information above about clear bra/PPF, we also discuss Xpel and if it’s the same as PPF/clear bra in this article.
Lastly, you can read more about clear bra/paint protection film by clicking the button above.
CERAMIC COATING, CLEAR BRA, AND PAINT CORRECTION OFFERINGS IN THE COPPERAS COVE/KILLEEN/HARKER HEIGHTS AREA:
– Solo is a one-year ceramic coating from SB3 Coatings. Undoubtedly, this is our most popular option, after SB3 Alpha five-year ceramic coating.
– Omega is a two-year ceramic coating. Interestingly, SB3 Omega, like many other coatings, enhances the vehicle’s gloss.
– Thirty3 is a three-year ceramic coating from SB3 Coatings. Of note, Thirty3 has a three-hour cure period before getting wet, which is our fastest-drying coating.
– Alpha is a five-year coating, similar to other major brands’ five-year package and 9H. Of course, SB3 Alpha is also from SB3 Coatings.
– Trinity is a seven-year offering from SB3 Coatings. It should be noted that Trinity is a multi-layer ceramic coating.
– Vortex is a two-year coating for wheels and calipers from SB3 Coatings. Unlike many other coatings, Vortex is a high-temp coating.
– Optic is a one-year ceramic coating similar to glass on the market and is used on your windshield/glass surfaces from SB3 Coatings. Unlike Rain-X or similar products, SB3 Optic will last a year. Another critical point is the incredible hydrophobic properties that SB3 Optic has over Rain-X.
TEN-YEAR CERAMIC COATING:
– System X Max is a ten-year ceramic coating, and the longest-lasting ceramic coating we offer. Clearly, we have many options that will fit anyone’s budget or desired longevity in the Copperas Cove/Killeen/Harker Heights area.
Undoubtedly, ceramic coatings will last as long as we care for them. Of course, you can more about ceramic coating by clicking the button above.
2020 Tesla Model Y - Ceramic Coating - Copperas Cove/Killeen/Harker Heights
The 2020 Tesla Model Y is an electric compact SUV that was released in March 2020. It is the second mass-market electric vehicle from Tesla, following the Model 3 sedan.
The Model Y is built on the same platform as the Model 3, and shares many of the same components, including the electric motor and battery. It is available in four different configurations: Standard Range, Long Range, Long Range with Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive, and Performance.
The Standard Range version has a range of 244 miles (393 km) on a single charge, while the Long Range versions can travel up to 326 miles (525 km) on a single charge. The Performance version has a top speed of 155 mph (249 km/h) and can go from 0 to 60 mph (0 to 97 km/h) in just 3.5 seconds.
The Model Y has a spacious interior with seating for up to seven passengers, thanks to its optional third-row seats. It also features a large 15-inch touchscreen display that controls most of the car’s functions, including the navigation system, media, and climate control.
Safety features on the Model Y include automatic emergency braking, forward collision warning, and lane departure warning. It also comes with Tesla’s Autopilot advanced driver assistance system, which can assist with steering, braking, and acceleration on highways.
Overall, the 2020 Tesla Model Y is a highly capable electric SUV with impressive performance, range, and features, making it a popular choice among electric vehicle enthusiasts
AFTERCARE INSTRUCTIONS AND PRODUCTS FOR 2020 TESLA MODEL Y CERAMIC COATING
Car care products we love:
1. Drying towel(s): Autofiber Dreadnought 20”x30” x1: https://amzn.to/3Cd5Y9w
2. Smaller drying towel (can also be used on glass) x2 (one for paint, one for wheels): Autofiber Dreadnought Jr. 16”x16” – https://amzn.to/3iazPbX
3. Wash mitt: Autofiber Zero Cuff Wash Mitt x2 (one in black for wheels, one other color for paint): https://amzn.to/3WYu3Jw
4. Auto detailing towels, general purpose (wiping off bird poop, quick wipe up, interior, etc): Autofiber Elite detailing towel: https://amzn.to/3IeLiSo
5. Wheel drying/detailing microfiber towels, black: Autofiber Zero Edge: https://amzn.to/3Z0GJBe
6. Quick detailer/glass cleaner/waterless wash/rinseless wash concentrate: American Detailer Garage Wipeout (can be diluted and lasts a very long time): https://amzn.to/3WZkwlp
7. Spray bottles for ADG Wipeout and other products: https://amzn.to/3Q3kxT5
8. Buckets with grit guards x2 (one for wheels, one for paint): https://amzn.to/3jxjnmq
9. Pre-treatment and wheel cleaner, American Detailer Garage F-Bomb diluted 10:1 (can be used 20:1 for interior): https://amzn.to/3G1NV7w
10. The best wheel cleaning tool we have ever used, the Autofiber Barrel blade (reaches the barrel, between the brake caliper, and narrow spokes): https://amzn.to/3Z0wnkK
11. Foam cannon wash tools for auto detailing, the MTM Hydro PF22.2 has a wide base to prevent tipping: https://amzn.to/3WE591K
12. American Detailer Garage Fuzion foaming hybrid wash (for use in foam cannon, use 2+ ounces per fill): https://amzn.to/3Z3MApg
13. Microfiber detergent to extend the life of your Autofiber microfiber and other towels: https://amzn.to/3jBxp6B
14. Optional but useful for trucks and SUVs: Autofiber Mitt on a Stick Pro. https://www.autofiber.com/products/mitt-on-a-stick-pro-adjustable-wash-tool-with-360-locking-head-long-pole-35-to-83?variant=40748237816001
15. Our most favorite detailing tool we have is our Adam’s Spot-Free Water system. Pro: https://amzn.to/3VKkU6k Standard: https://amzn.to/3WXbOnK
16. Our favorite pressure washer we have used is the Grandfalls from Giraffe Tools. https://amzn.to/3WE3gCq
Last updated on March 3rd, 2023. First, all clear bra and ceramic coating (and paint correction) content is copyright of Harker Heights Ceramic Coatings, LLC (HHCC). Of course, unless specifically cited otherwise. So that you know, HHCC does not authorize the content on hhceramiccoatings.com. Obviously, specifically within the Lampasas/Copperas Cove/Killeen/Fort (Ft.) Hood/Harker Heights/Nolanville/Belton/Temple/Salado areas. Lastly, selective reproduction may be authorized for other geographical areas (outside of the traditional HHCC service area) only with the express written consent of HHCC.