Today we are showing you the installation process for SB3 Coatings “Fiber” – a one year ceramic coating for fibrous surfaces, such as carpet, convertible tops, and even leather surfaces that have fibrous appearance, such as Alcantara or some of the longer-pile suede leathers.
Like all SB3 Coatings ceramic coating offerings, SB3 Coatings Fiber is an easy application process. SB3 Coatings Fiber, like Hyde, Marine, and Optic, is a two layer process to achieve the best results.
The important thing to note is that the first layer and second layer of SB3 Coatings Fiber can be applied immediately after one another – the two layer system for this ceramic coating is to allow you to massage in the first layer to get between the fibers, and the second we will cure on top. The longer the fibers of your surface, the more massaging you should do on the first layer of ceramic coating.
- Like any SB3 Coatings offering, we want to ensure the surface is clean and dry prior to applying the ceramic coating. We have found that using a medium bristle brush, especially on convertible tops, is a great way to loosen the dirt/dust, and then blow it out. We have washed our top well, before, but noticed some dust still remains after it dries.
- Apply the first layer of SB3 Coatings Fiber one year ceramic coating, and massage in with your hand (using gloves), to work the ceramic coating between the fibers.
- Immediately apply the second layer of SB3 Coatings Fiber one year ceramic coating, and enjoy!!
Call/text us at 254.550.4142 or click on the contact page to schedule a ceramic coating, auto detailing, paint enhancement/paint correction, or clear bra/paint protection film appointment with us in the Copperas Cove/Killeen/Fort Hood/Harker Heights areas! Feel free to follow us on Instagram/TikTok/Facebook @hhceramiccoatings, and note that our media is typically provided by @iffla_media (Instagram).
SB3 Coatings (sb3coating.com) are great coatings, and are similar to other offerings we have had in the past. You may be more familiar with other brands’ offerings, so here is a quick reference to help you understand our transition.
– The SB3 Coatings Solo is similar to Ceramic Pro Sport (although SB3 Solo has a one-year warranty whereas Ceramic Pro Sport has a six-month warranty)
– SB3 Coatings Omega is similar to Ceramic Pro Bronze (Ceramic Pro Top Coat) two year coating
– The SB3 Coatings Thirty3 is a three-year ceramic coating, which is a warranty period we have not had in the past.
– SB3 Coatings Alpha is a five-year coating, similar to the Ceramic Pro Silver (five-year) package, which uses Ceramic Pro 9H (one layer) and Ceramic Pro Top Coat (one layer). SB3 Coatings Alpha utilizes a single coating system which helps us get your vehicle back to you faster without sacrificing quality.
– The SB3 Coatings Trinity is a seven-year coating, which we did not offer previously with Ceramic Pro.
– SB3 Coatings Vortex is a two-year ceramic coating similar to Ceramic Pro Wheel & Caliper or Ceramic Pro 9H (when used on wheels).
– The SB3 Coatings Optic is a one-year ceramic coating similar to Ceramic Pro Glass, and is used on your windshield/glass surfaces.
We have access to many brands of ceramic coatings, and we always choose what is best for the client in their particular situation.