SB3 Coatings Hyde is a one year ceramic coating that we offer here in the Killeen/Harker Heights/Copperas Cove area to clients for the interior of their vehicle, specifically leather. We use SB3 Coatings Hyde on “traditional” leather, to include vegan leather and other similar surfaces such as what you find in many Teslas.
In our BMW i8 we have a darker Terra Brown leather that was an option at the time, but it is coupled with a bit of a pain-in-the-butt leather – a cream, of sorts. So we at HHCC know the pain of Tesla owners that have the white vegan leather in their cars, which are more prone to blue jean transfer, staining, dirt, you name it. A simple Google search will show Model S/3/X/Y owners listing the staining of the white vegan leather as a huge concern, even though the white Tesla interior looks so great (when clean).
Of note, if you have suede or Alcantara leather, we would opt to use SB3 Coatings Fiber, mainly because Fiber is designed for fibrous (surprise!) materials such as carpet, suede, etc. Whereas SB3 Coatings Hyde is more for that “traditional” “flat” leather that doesn’t have the individual fibers. If you paid for an interior ceramic coating from HHCC, we would mix and match to suit your individual needs without charging you additional for your ceramic coating package. Meaning, we would mix and match SB3 Coatings Trim, Fiber, Hyde, and whatever else was needed without additional charge (even if, say, the middle of your seat is suede and the sides are traditional leather).
Here are the instructions (very simple to use SB3 Coatings Hyde ceramic coating):
- Just like anything else, we want to ensure the surface is clean prior to installing our ceramic coating (or clear bra/paint protection film/PPF for that matter). In most cases, you can likely use a damp microfiber that will not bleed onto the surface (especially important, again, if you have that Tesla white vegan leather or the leather we have in our BMW i8). If the surface is heavily soiled, we suggest first using P&S Xpress Interior Cleaner, which is what we use at our shop, followed by a damp microfiber.
- Load your microfiber applicator sponge (we use Autofiber Saver Applicators), and apply SB3 Coatings Hyde evenly to the surface. You should definitely notice a “wet” appearance if the leather is dark enough, or even on the white leather, you should notice if you look in the right light.
- Wait for 60 seconds, and then level/wipe SB3 Coatings Hyde from the surface using a microfiber towel (again, we use Autofiber Korean Plush Towels, typically). You might feel a SLIGHT tug/sticky feeling on the first wipe, which is perfectly normal. This is a VERY minor amount, if any at all.
- Wait for 60 MINUTES, and then repeat steps 2 and 3.
Call/text us at 254.550.4142 or click on the contact page to schedule a ceramic coating, auto detailing, paint enhancement/paint correction, or clear bra/paint protection film appointment with us in the Copperas Cove/Killeen/Fort Hood/Harker Heights areas! Feel free to follow us on Instagram/TikTok/Facebook @hhceramiccoatings, and note that our media is typically provided by @iffla_media (Instagram).
SB3 Coatings (sb3coating.com) are great coatings, and are similar to other offerings we have had in the past. You may be more familiar with other brands’ offerings, so here is a quick reference to help you understand our transition.
– The SB3 Coatings Solo is similar to Ceramic Pro Sport (although SB3 Solo has a one-year warranty whereas Ceramic Pro Sport has a six-month warranty)
– SB3 Coatings Omega is similar to Ceramic Pro Bronze (Ceramic Pro Top Coat) two year coating
– The SB3 Coatings Thirty3 is a three-year ceramic coating, which is a warranty period we have not had in the past.
– SB3 Coatings Alpha is a five-year coating, similar to the Ceramic Pro Silver (five-year) package, which uses Ceramic Pro 9H (one layer) and Ceramic Pro Top Coat (one layer). SB3 Coatings Alpha utilizes a single coating system which helps us get your vehicle back to you faster without sacrificing quality.
– The SB3 Coatings Trinity is a seven-year coating, which we did not offer previously with Ceramic Pro.
– SB3 Coatings Vortex is a two-year ceramic coating similar to Ceramic Pro Wheel & Caliper or Ceramic Pro 9H (when used on wheels).
– The SB3 Coatings Optic is a one-year ceramic coating similar to Ceramic Pro Glass, and is used on your windshield/glass surfaces.
We have access to many brands of ceramic coatings, and we always choose what is best for the client in their particular situation.