SB3 Coatings “Omega” Two year ceramic coating is a ceramic coating that can be applied to paint or clear bra/paint protection film/PPF, vinyl, and other surfaces, and fits perfectly between SB3 Coatings Thirty3 (three year ceramic coating) and SB3 Coatings Solo (one year ceramic coating). This is probably one of our most popular ceramic coating durations that we offer, next to maybe SB3 Coatings Alpha (five year ceramic coating).
Many people who are looking for ceramic coating are keeping their vehicles for only 3-4 years, even though the national average is somewhere around 11-12 years of age for vehicles that are on the road. There is conflicting information on how often people keep their vehicle at a time, but given that many finance options, including leases, are in that time frame, we have noticed many people change out their car after about two to four years. A two year ceramic coating generally protects the vehicle for the length of many enthusiast-type owners (owners that like to switch cars often).
SB3 Coatings Omega two year ceramic coating is a great fit for that time frame, and has the added benefit of deepening the color of the vehicle, called the “Jolly Rancher” effect on paint.
Like all of SB3 Coatings’ offerings, Omega two year ceramic coating is easy to apply, and easy to wipe off. It doesn’t have the same difficulty that you see with many companies that cause rags to catch in the ceramic coating, sometimes even leaving behind fibers when leveling. Omega, and for that matter, most all of SB3 Coatings’ choices in ceramic coatings, are almost if not as easy as SB3 Coatings Solo.
You may hear that to install a ceramic coating, you have to conduct paint correction/paint enhancement prior to install. This is not true at all – at a bare minimum, however, you should use SB3 Coatings Ready panel prep spray, and SB3 Coatings Decon Iron & Fallout Remover (as necessary). This ensures that the ceramic coating is bonding to the paint, and not hindered by contaminants, oils, waxes, or other things.
- Step one: prepare the surface for coating, either by conducting a full auto detail with clay bar, iron and fallout remover, paint correction/paint enhancement, and panel prep spray, or, at a minimum, wash/dry/panel prep spray (we recommend using SB3 Coatings pH Neutral Soap in a foam cannon & SB3 Decon).
- Step two: load the applicator (we use Autofiber Saver applicators and Quadrant Wipe towels for leveling) a little more heavily on the first application, working from a center section of a panel outwards, ensuring optimal coverage. Do not be concerned about the direction of application, or cross-hatching the application of the ceramic coating – just ensure that you have coverage on all areas.
- Step three: wait approximately two minutes to level the product, adjusting for humidity/heat in your conditions. Watching for a rainbow in worse conditions is a good indication of the ceramic coating being ready to be leveled. Use the two minute window or the rainbow, whichever comes first, again adjusted for your situation.
Tip: if you get a high spot that you notice after a couple panels that does not seem to wipe off, you can attempt to put the ceramic coating back on top of that spot, wait, and level. If it is close enough to the original application, it should allow you to repeat the process successfully. You can also use a little bit of SB3 Coatings Flyover (six month ceramic coating), which is a water-based product that contains silica.
Call/text us at 254.550.4142 or click on the contact page to schedule a ceramic coating, auto detailing, paint enhancement/paint correction, or clear bra/paint protection film appointment with us in the Copperas Cove/Killeen/Fort Hood/Harker Heights areas! Feel free to follow us on Instagram/TikTok/Facebook @hhceramiccoatings, and note that our media is typically provided by @iffla_media (Instagram).
SB3 Coatings (sb3coating.com) are great coatings, and are similar to other offerings we have had in the past. You may be more familiar with other brands’ offerings, so here is a quick reference to help you understand our transition.
– The SB3 Coatings Solo is similar to Ceramic Pro Sport (although SB3 Solo has a one-year warranty whereas Ceramic Pro Sport has a six-month warranty)
– SB3 Coatings Omega is similar to Ceramic Pro Bronze (Ceramic Pro Top Coat) two year coating
– The SB3 Coatings Thirty3 is a three-year ceramic coating, which is a warranty period we have not had in the past.
– SB3 Coatings Alpha is a five-year coating, similar to the Ceramic Pro Silver (five-year) package, which uses Ceramic Pro 9H (one layer) and Ceramic Pro Top Coat (one layer). SB3 Coatings Alpha utilizes a single coating system which helps us get your vehicle back to you faster without sacrificing quality.
– The SB3 Coatings Trinity is a seven-year coating, which we did not offer previously with Ceramic Pro.
– SB3 Coatings Vortex is a two-year ceramic coating similar to Ceramic Pro Wheel & Caliper or Ceramic Pro 9H (when used on wheels).
– The SB3 Coatings Optic is a one-year ceramic coating similar to Ceramic Pro Glass, and is used on your windshield/glass surfaces.
We have access to many brands of ceramic coatings, and we always choose what is best for the client in their particular situation.