SB3 Coatings “Optic” is a one year ceramic coating for your vehicle’s glass surface, used primarily on the windshield, but just as effective as a ceramic coating on any of the glass surfaces. SB3 Coatings Optic one year ceramic coating is limited typically because of the friction caused by the vehicle’s wiper blades. Remember from our other videos that the only way to remove a ceramic coating is to polish or rub it off (that’s why we can’t take our vehicles through automatic car washes in Killeen, after we install clear bra/paint protection film, or ceramic coating).
SB3 Coatings Optic one year ceramic coating is one of the few multi-layer ceramic coatings SB3 offers, with SB3 Coatings Marine, Hyde, and Fiber being some other ones that require two or more layers of the same coating.
Here are the instructions for applying SB3 Coatings Optic one year glass ceramic coating:
- Clean or prepare the surface that you will be applying SB3 Coatings Optic to. We like to use waterless wash to clean the windshield followed by SB3 Coatings Ready surface panel prep.
- Load applicator with SB3 Coatings Optic and apply to windshield. Applying in an opposite manner as cleaning the inside of the windshield (such as top to bottom outside and left to right inside) will allow you to determine if streaks are on the inside or outside.
- Wait one minute to flash, and level/remove/wipe the ceramic coating.
- Wait five minutes between layers of SB3 Optic one year glass ceramic coating.
- Repeat steps 2-3, using the same methods, flash times, etc for the ceramic coating.
- Use the remaining dampness or remaining ceramic coating product leftover on the applicator pad, and wipe the bottom of the wiper blades.
- Leave the wiper blades up for an additional 15-20 minutes before setting down.
Enjoy how easy it is to remove bugs and other contaminants from the surface after applying SB3 Coatings Optic on the glass!
Call/text us at 254.550.4142 or click on the contact page to schedule a ceramic coating, auto detailing, paint enhancement/paint correction, or clear bra/paint protection film appointment with us in the Copperas Cove/Killeen/Fort Hood/Harker Heights areas! Feel free to follow us on Instagram/TikTok/Facebook @hhceramiccoatings, and note that our media is typically provided by @iffla_media (Instagram).
SB3 Coatings (sb3coating.com) are great coatings, and are similar to other offerings we have had in the past. You may be more familiar with other brands’ offerings, so here is a quick reference to help you understand our transition.
– The SB3 Coatings Solo is similar to Ceramic Pro Sport (although SB3 Solo has a one-year warranty whereas Ceramic Pro Sport has a six-month warranty)
– SB3 Coatings Omega is similar to Ceramic Pro Bronze (Ceramic Pro Top Coat) two year coating
– The SB3 Coatings Thirty3 is a three-year ceramic coating, which is a warranty period we have not had in the past.
– SB3 Coatings Alpha is a five-year coating, similar to the Ceramic Pro Silver (five-year) package, which uses Ceramic Pro 9H (one layer) and Ceramic Pro Top Coat (one layer). SB3 Coatings Alpha utilizes a single coating system which helps us get your vehicle back to you faster without sacrificing quality.
– The SB3 Coatings Trinity is a seven-year coating, which we did not offer previously with Ceramic Pro.
– SB3 Coatings Vortex is a two-year ceramic coating similar to Ceramic Pro Wheel & Caliper or Ceramic Pro 9H (when used on wheels).
– The SB3 Coatings Optic is a one-year ceramic coating similar to Ceramic Pro Glass, and is used on your windshield/glass surfaces.
We have access to many brands of ceramic coatings, and we always choose what is best for the client in their particular situation.