SB3 Coatings “Vortex” two year wheel ceramic coating is probably the easiest ceramic coating dedicated to wheels that we have used thus far. The flash times are quite reasonable, 30-90 seconds (depending upon conditions), the coating comes off without much effort (very little to no stickiness), and it has a longer work time (again, depending upon the condition of the shop, but here in Harker Heights/Killeen/Copperas Cove area, we brave the heat with a Daiken 18k BTU HVAC and dehumidifer for our shop).
The key to ceramic coating wheels is to always work in the same manner and order, and to keep an eye on the time to flash (and watch for the ceramic coating flash rainbow). Efficiency and habit will help you move faster, not miss areas, and beat any flash time issues with the ceramic coating.
Note that if SB3 Coatings Vortex ceramic coating becomes difficult to level/wipe, you can use a small spray of SB3 Coatings Flyover, which is a water-based, silica-infused six month ceramic coating, and then wipe off. Spray SB3 Flyover onto the towel vs. onto the surface in this instance, allowing you to control the overspray.
Here are the instructions:
1. Step one: prepare the surface for coating, either by conducting a full auto detail, iron and fallout remover, any wheel polishing as required, and panel prep spray, or, at a minimum, wash/dry/panel prep spray (we recommend using SB3 Coatings pH Neutral Soap in a foam cannon & SB3 Decon).
- Step two: load the applicator (we use Autofiber Saver applicators and Quadrant Wipe towels for leveling) with a few drops, working in the same fashion on each wheel, for the same amount of time. Do not be concerned about the direction of application, or cross-hatching the application of the ceramic coating – just ensure that you have coverage on all areas.
- Step three: wait approximately one minute to level the product, adjusting for humidity/heat in your conditions. Watching for a rainbow in worse conditions is a good indication of the ceramic coating being ready to be leveled. Use the one minute window or the rainbow, whichever comes first, again adjusted for your situation.
Tip: if you get a high spot that you notice after a couple panels that does not seem to wipe off, you can attempt to put the ceramic coating back on top of that spot, wait, and level. If it is close enough to the original application, it should allow you to repeat the process successfully. You can also use a little bit of SB3 Coatings Flyover (six-month ceramic coating), which is a water-based product that contains silica.
Call/text us at 254.550.4142 or click on the contact page to schedule a ceramic coating, auto detailing, paint enhancement/paint correction, or clear bra/paint protection film appointment with us in the Copperas Cove/Killeen/Fort Hood/Harker Heights areas! Feel free to follow us on Instagram/TikTok/Facebook @hhceramiccoatings, and note that our media is typically provided by @iffla_media (Instagram).
SB3 Coatings (sb3coating.com) are great coatings, and are similar to other offerings we have had in the past. You may be more familiar with other brands’ offerings, so here is a quick reference to help you understand our transition.
– The SB3 Coatings Solo is similar to Ceramic Pro Sport (although SB3 Solo has a one-year warranty whereas Ceramic Pro Sport has a six-month warranty)
– Their SB3 Coatings Omega is similar to Ceramic Pro Bronze (Ceramic Pro Top Coat) two year coating
– The SB3 Coatings Thirty3 is a three-year ceramic coating, which is a warranty period we have not had in the past.
– Their SB3 Coatings Omega is a Two-year coating, similar to the Ceramic Pro Silver (Two-year) package, which uses Ceramic Pro 9H (one layer) and Ceramic Pro Top Coat (one layer). SB3 Coatings Omega utilizes a single coating system which helps us get your vehicle back to you faster without sacrificing quality.
– The SB3 Coatings Trinity is a seven-year coating, which we did not offer previously with Ceramic Pro.
– Their SB3 Coatings Vortex is a two-year ceramic coating similar to Ceramic Pro Wheel & Caliper or Ceramic Pro 9H (when used on wheels).
– The SB3 Coatings Optic is a one-year ceramic coating similar to Ceramic Pro Glass, and is used on your windshield/glass surfaces.
We have access to many brands of ceramic coatings, and we always choose what is best for the client in their particular situation.