Are you looking for a new tire and trim dressing, and want to just find a one stop shop? Look no further than SB3 coatings “Tuxx” Tire & Trim Dressing. We use SB3 Coatings Tuxx on all of our tires, and we like it because we can dilute it three ways depending upon what the client wants (shiny, medium shine, or matte/natural).
We prefer the matte/natural finish on our BMW i8, as we have never been a fan of really shiny tires.
The key to any tire dressing is to clean the tire first. Many times we neglect to clean our tires as owners more than we should, and the dark color of the tire often hides that fact. If we don’t clean the tires themsleves, we are just putting tire dressing onto dirt and grime, and so it doesn’t last very long at all. Certainly not as long as we wish it did, anyhow.
So what we need to do, is scrub the tire first. Even scrubbing the tire with a bristled brush when you are using SB3 Coatings pH neutral soap will help, but you can use wheel and tire cleaner, all-purpose cleaner (APC), degreaser, or even Dawn dish soap to clean it. If you are using anything like a wheel and tire cleaner, or SB3 Coatings Natural (APC), do NOT let it dry on paint (remember most wheels are painted), and do NOT use it in direct sunlight. Work one wheel at a time.
We have found good results diluting SB3 Coatings Natural APC one part APC concentrate to four parts water for the tires. You don’t have to clean the tires every single time you wash the car, only as you notice they start to build up grime again, or if they start turning that reddish color.
We use a medium bristle brush we found, and spray with SB3 Coatings Natural APC, and agitate. We then rinse and repeat until the suds are mainly white instead of dirty.
Once you have the tire and wheel clean and dry, dilute your Tuxx Tire & Trim Dressing to whatever desired shine you want, using Tuxx straight for the greatest shine, 1:1 for a medium gloss, and 1:3 for a matte/natural look. We love the natural look as we mentioned above, so 1:3 is our go-to, and has the added benefit of making the product last that much longer, making it an even better bang for your buck.
Call/text us at 254.550.4142 or click on the contact page to schedule a ceramic coating, auto detailing, paint enhancement/paint correction, or clear bra/paint protection film appointment with us in the Copperas Cove/Killeen/Fort Hood/Harker Heights areas! Feel free to follow us on Instagram/TikTok/Facebook @hhceramiccoatings, and note that our media is typically provided by @iffla_media (Instagram).
SB3 Coatings (sb3coating.com) are great coatings, and are similar to other offerings we have had in the past. You may be more familiar with other brands’ offerings, so here is a quick reference to help you understand our transition.
– The SB3 Coatings Solo is similar to Ceramic Pro Sport (although SB3 Solo has a one-year warranty whereas Ceramic Pro Sport has a six-month warranty)
– SB3 Coatings Omega is similar to Ceramic Pro Bronze (Ceramic Pro Top Coat) two year coating
– The SB3 Coatings Thirty3 is a three-year ceramic coating, which is a warranty period we have not had in the past.
– SB3 Coatings Alpha is a five-year coating, similar to the Ceramic Pro Silver (five-year) package, which uses Ceramic Pro 9H (one layer) and Ceramic Pro Top Coat (one layer). SB3 Coatings Alpha utilizes a single coating system which helps us get your vehicle back to you faster without sacrificing quality.
– The SB3 Coatings Trinity is a seven-year coating, which we did not offer previously with Ceramic Pro.
– SB3 Coatings Vortex is a two-year ceramic coating similar to Ceramic Pro Wheel & Caliper or Ceramic Pro 9H (when used on wheels).
– The SB3 Coatings Optic is a one-year ceramic coating similar to Ceramic Pro Glass, and is used on your windshield/glass surfaces.
We have access to many brands of ceramic coatings, and we always choose what is best for the client in their particular situation.